• No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
• Personal attacks are not permitted. Criticize ideas, not people.
"You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You are an idiot" is.
"You do not have all of the facts" is not a personal attack; "You are ignorant" is.
• Excessive flaming will not be tolerated. Users who verbally assault the character or person of other posters on a regular basis will be banned.
• Respect the privacy of others . Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their express permission.
• Each forum member, barring the administrator may have only one account.
• Do not place foul language in thread subjects .
• And of course, NO SPAMMING . No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content.
• Use descriptive subject lines and research your post . This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Also, scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts.
• Post in the right forum! Even if it's only humor, an observation, or angst, if it's about something that we have a forum for, post it there.
• Restrict the use of excessive foul language. Although we don't really care if people curse, excessive foul language is likely to get moderated. We also require that you leave rough or offensive language out of the thread subjects. While foul language is par for the course, let's try and keep it away from the big pretty topic headers.
• Use warning markers, eg; NWS (Not work safe.), in the subject lines if the post has any offensive material. People may read the Forum at work.